Re: Extracting query from application

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:59:59 +0100

If you are using a dedicated connection the easiest way to do this is to enable sql_trace for that session. You *will* find an appropriate method at http://www.petefinnigan.com/ramblings/how_to_set_trace.htm. shared connections present more of a challenge.

On 10/24/06, J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are having a problem with an application and the application does not
> have a tool to easily identify what query is being sent. From a sqlplus
> side, is there a way to extract the query the application is sending and
> also list how long it took and when the data is transferred back?

> Try the next generation of search with Windows Live Search today!
>
> http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info