Re: log file sync

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 22:57:56 -0400

Maybe I missed something but, perhaps, you are not scoping your data properly in time and/or sessions.
If you don't have many XCTENDs than you shouldn't have many log file sync waits either.

You said "once the big chunk of processing starts...". In this case I assume that this chunk is your business critical part you are keen to optimize. Thus, you should limit analysis only to this part.

On 10/10/06, oracle_at_digistar.com <oracle_at_digistar.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Christian Antognini wrote:
>
> > For every commit there is a line in the tracefile. You can use a command
> > like the following one to count them:
> >
> > grep "XCTEND rlbk=0" <tracefile> | wc -l
>
> hi - did that already - once the big chunk of processing starts there are
> no XCTENDs until near the very end. That is what is puzzling - I can't
> see performance problems writing to the disks and I don't see lots of
> XCTENDs... I do not know if XCTEND is issued when a cursor commits and
> the other cursors are still open doing work...
>

> Thanks!

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group