RE: log file sync

From: <oracle_at_digistar.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Christian Antognini wrote:

> For every commit there is a line in the tracefile. You can use a command
> like the following one to count them:
>
> grep "XCTEND rlbk=0" <tracefile> | wc -l

hi - did that already - once the big chunk of processing starts there are no XCTENDs until near the very end. That is what is puzzling - I can't see performance problems writing to the disks and I don't see lots of XCTENDs... I do not know if XCTEND is issued when a cursor commits and the other cursors are still open doing work...

Thanks!