re: Teradata Comparison

From: cosmin ioan <cosmini_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

hello all,
  for the past few weeks, I have not heard the "end of it" in a number of discussions I've had with a developer holding in high regards Teradata as being the "serious" datawarehousing db, "much better" than Oracle. Not knowing the particulars of Teradata, naturally, I could not digress or make a comparative point, however, to me, even the biggest, the uber-googol databases, can be partitioned & summarized pretty efficiently for awesome results & response.

  Has anyone worked with Teradata? What are some of their strenghts that Oracle does not provide? -- I doubt there are many, if any at all, but I'm looking for a more expert opinion.

  thx a bunch,
  Cosmin