Oracle processes using more than 350Mb memory

From: Vijaya Vardhineni <vvardhineni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:41:01 -0600

Hi
  On one of our database servers, we just have only one Oracle 9.2.0.6database with the following memory parameters.

pga_aggregate_target=104857600
shared_pool_size = 117440512
db_cache_size=251658240
large_pool_size=16777216
java_pool_size=67108864

Top shows that some of the oracle processes are taking more than 350Mb memory. These are not the back ground processes associated with the instance. Database server has only 2Gb RAM. Can someone explain me what could be causing such a high memory usage.

Regards
Vijay