Re: Quick export question

From: <JApplewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:08:26 -0500

Don't know about an upper limit, but, in the process of dinking around (a technical term) yesterday, I did an expor to 160 files of 1MB each, no problem. It was on Linux, but I don't think that matters.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin (Texas) Independent School District 512.414.9715 (wk) / 512.935.5929 (pager)

 I feel so unnecessary. -- Rufus Thomas

               ( "Do the Funky Chicken")

"Sweetser, Joe" <Joe.Sweetser_at_infocrossing.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
10/03/2006 10:46 AM
Please respond to
Joe.Sweetser_at_infocrossing.com

<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
cc

Subject
Quick export question

Windows 2003, 10gR1

I am exporting to multiple files with the FILE and FILESIZE parameters. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of files I can export to? I can't find one on Metalink or Google (so I am inclined to believe there is not a limit) but I figured I would ask here. This is the old export, not data pump. :-(

The reason is that I have to copy 60gb+ of files over a slow and somewhat unreliable network. I currently have filesize set to 15gb but I want to chop it down to 1gb so there is less to re-copy on a file copy failure.

Thanks,
-joe