Re: utl_file_dir

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:20:02 -0700

Edwin,

I have a long list of UTL_FILE_DIR lines in my Apps 11i instance, one for each directory. There are 22 lines and the total number of characters used is around 600 characters. However, 'show parameter utl_file_dir' in SQL*Plus shows only the first 512 bytes.

PLEASE NOTE: *All* the UTL_FILE_DIR lines should be kept together in the file WITHOUT any break for comment lines/whatever. Otherwise, ONLY the last entry (or last set lines for multiple entries) will be effective. Keep this in mind while editing your init.ora now and in the future. (This rule applies for "event" lines as well).

And before everyone jumps on me for not using DIRECTORIES, this is an 8i database :)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional