RE: V$ access for production support

From: <caseydyke_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:46:36 +1000

 We use a fairly boring - but effective - combination of app_supp and  dba_supp roles and user based profiles (that are likewise generic). The  profiles limit the standard things like idle time, lios, cpu usage and  what not. Took a wee bit of effort to get them right (the settings that  is) - but they do work. We've also provided the Ops dbas a simple API  to set tracing for a support session upon login (just sets a 10046 trace  to capture SQL). Nothing fancy, but helped in jumping a couple of  security hurdles.

 HTH