Re: reading the SGA from my own program

From: Anjo Kolk <anjo.kolk_at_oraperf.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:17:15 +0200

You have to map all the segments. When I wrote programs to access the SGA, I also made sure that every address that I tried to access was mapped (sounds expensive but it is easy to do and the info is available). So the space between the segments, counts but can't be accesssed.

oradebug ipc will tell you what segment(s) is(are) for the variable SGA and which ones should be mapped.

I think that it is more simple than how you are approaching it and you are doing the right thing but are concerned with things that don't matter ;-)

Anjo.

--
Anjo Kolk
Owner and Founder OraPerf Projects