Re: ODG 10GR2

From: David Turner <dnt9000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

We're planning on not using the broker. I wouldn't care about the unnecessary switchovers if we could get them to go faster. I'm thinking we should just perform failovers and use flash recovery to reestablish the replication between the two databases.

 Thx, Dave

>>> <Bug:4404952> : DG BROKER DOES NOT SUPPORT COLD-FAILOVER CLUSTERS
>>>
>>> I was told my Oracle support that giving dataguard a vip
>>>makes it think that you're running RAC and that there is a
>>>request out to fix the problems. I spent well over a week
>>>wrestling with local_listener, sid parameter, etc because of
>>>this. We'll either yank VCS or the broker to fix this. Hope

Yank VCS? Your DG primary is in a VCS cold failover cluster...won't you suffer unecessary switchovers in the even of a node failure? Will you also get rid of the cluster? Just wondering.