RE: db corruption

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:07:27 -0700

>>>Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.6, Solaris Sparc, raw volumes,
>>>served up from an EMC DMX, via VxVM.

>>>I've had one database where this occurred once. I've had
>>>another where this happened to 60-70 datafiles. Exact same
>>>type of corruption, always the last block in the datafile.

Are you saying it is the last block precisely that is zeroed out? And that is 100% of the block? Given the config you've described, I think only Oracle or VxVM could be to blame for that. Since the DMX is virtualized by VxVM and the problem happened on 60-70 datafiles, I think the odds are too astronomical that the DMX did it since those magic last blocks are strewn all about.