RE: FreeNAS

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:15:18 -0400

Many moons ago, we saw this problem at GridApp with Linux NFS and Oracle - never bothered to really troubleshoot it, aside from demonstrating that it worked fine with our Netapp boxen. Back to netapp it was - so much for our grand vision of cheap Linux NAS for our dev lab.

On the flip side, on a customer site, we once were stuck doing a PoC with a Mac OS X server as the NAS storage, and it worked just fine. So, there are free/cheap *nix variants that work with Oracle.

Thanks,
Matt

--

Matthew Zito