Re: URGENT: IMPORT HELP

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:28:29 -0700 (PDT)

paula,
i normally do it in the following steps. imp with all constraints(disable them),indexes(drop indexes),triggers disabled(dont drop them). toad does a winderful job of disabling them if i may say and imp will bring back all the constraints pk's and fk's imp with index=y constraints=y
makes life much simpler and the import much faster

Using Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 2.9

Trying to load a large amount of data using import.

The schema needs to be the same and only the data reloaded. There are triggers, constraints (pk, fk, etc.) and pk indexes.

I have been loading with pk's enabled and pk indexes (not fk and fk indexes) and the process is very slow.

I have been running the import with statistics=n, indexes=n

I am tempted to disable all constraints and drop pk indexes but I am afraid that I might have trouble creating the pk's properly. Can I used the indexfile option to create the pk's properly and will this make a significant difference in the import.

What about after insert triggers? What is the best way to handle the after insert triggers?

Any help would be appreciated. I have been spending a lot of time with this data load.

Thanks,
Paula

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 01 2006 - 16:28:29 CDT