Re:URGENT: IMPORT HELP

From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

Using Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 2.9

  Trying to load a large amount of data using import.

  The schema needs to be the same and only the data reloaded. There are triggers, constraints (pk, fk, etc.) and pk indexes.

  I have been loading with pk's enabled and pk indexes (not fk and fk indexes) and the process is very slow.

  I have been running the import with statistics=n, indexes=n

  I am tempted to disable all constraints and drop pk indexes but I am afraid that I might have trouble creating the pk's properly. Can I used the indexfile option to create the pk's properly and will this make a significant difference in the import.

  What about after insert triggers? What is the best way to handle the after insert triggers?

  Any help would be appreciated. I have been spending a lot of time with this data load.

  Thanks,
  Paula

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 01 2006 - 16:19:05 CDT