Re: oracle

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:43:59 -0700

If your interval is the string you provided, I would expect the next run date to be 9/5/2006 00:30.

Selecting the string from dual provides that date. If the job failed, then the scheduler will set the next run date to try again, ignoring the interval.
I forget how the algorithm works, it is in the docs.

As an aside, you might consider just using date math instead of the to_date string handling stuff.

eg. select trunc(add_months(sysdate,1),'mm') + 4 + (.5/24) from dual;

Jared

On 8/1/06, Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 2.9. We have a job that is not running properly.
> Could that be why it is unexpectedly trying to execute at a different time
> when the next scheduled execution time should have been August 5
> 2006. Also the next run date is now showing as August 2 at 4 AM. We are
> trying to understand why it should have done so even though everything
> else is the same in the job properties. The properties show the interval
> as
> TO_DATE('5-'|| TO_CHAR(ADD_MONTHS(sysdate,1),'MON-YYYY'), 'DD-MON-YYYY')
> + 00.50/24
>
> We recently executed the following to change the package - the package
> fails at the same time each day - the time of deployment - not the scheduled
> time. Also, around this same time the status of the job was switched from
> broken (for deployment) to fixed:
>
> BEGIN
> DBMS_JOB.WHAT(342,
> 'cpsdataminer_pkg_p3.cpseompenaltycalc;');
> END;
> /

Jared Still