Re: How to check the delay in a Streams Configuration

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  Since you mention 9i I believe you should atleast be on 9.2.0.5 or have to apply a big patch on top of 9.2.0.4 to iron out many of the product defects in Streams.

  You might also want to check the following two notes Note 273674.1 - Streams Configuration Report and Health Check Script Note 290605.1 - Oracle Streams STRMMON Monitoring Utility

  Also I don't think you can depend on the applied_scn coz it doesn't get updated in many cases

  HTH,
  Fairlie

Anurag Verma <anuragdba_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi All,

This is a question on Oracle 9i streams.   In the table DBA_CAPTURE table, the column descriptions for the columns CAPTURED_SCN and APPLIED_SCN gives the following description in Oracle Documentation.

CAPTURED_SCN
NUMBER
System change number (SCN) of the last captured message   APPLIED_SCN
NUMBER
System change number (SCN) of the most recent message dequeued by the relevant apply processes. All changes below this SCN have been dequeued by all apply processes that apply changes captured by this capture process.

What my doubt is that if I check the DBA_CAPTURE view in the source database for the above columns, does the column value for APPLIED_SCN give the most recent SCN that got applied in the target database ?

I want to know whether this information can be used to immediately track the DELAY between the source CAPTURE process and the target APPLY process.

Also, anybody can give me any good documentation or links for monitoring Streams performance ?   Thanks in advance,
  Anurag

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant

  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/