Re: How to check the delay in a Streams Configuration

From: Arul Ramachandran <contactarul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:38:57 -0700

I am not sure if there is a way to get this info from the dictionary.

However, you may want to set up a heartbeat table - sort of a dummy/tiny table that is part of your streams replication setup, that get inserts/updates to a date/timestamp field via a dbms_job every minute or so at the source. You can verify the value of this field at the target and compare this with sysdate.

In any case, having a heartbeat table would be necessary to validate/monitor the health of streams replication.

Regards,
Arul