RE: multi_byte or single_byte database????

From: Peter McLarty <Peter_McLarty_at_technologyonecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:14:03 +1000

Hi
1) Double byte supports Japanese and Chinese and Korean Characters so of you have to support entry in one of those then you will need double byte single byte is basically for everything else 2) To create a database double byte enabled you need to select some options like characterset support for your database This link will pretty much answer all your questions

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14225/toc. htm

Peter McLarty
Technical Consultant
Service Delivery