multi_byte or single_byte database????

From: dba1 mcc <mccdba1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:19:17 -0700 (PDT)

We have ORACLE 10.2.0.2 installed on LINUX server. We just purchased a third party software and vendor asked me database is multi-byte or single_byte database?

My questions are:

  1. what is multi_byte database and what is single_byte database?
  2. how to create database use multi_byte?
  3. how to create database use single_byte?
  4. how to check database is multi_byte or single_byte?
  5. any document relate to that?

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?