Re: Outlines disabled for cursor_sharing-force

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:02:18 -0400

On 07/10/2006 08:14:55 AM, Laimutis Nedzinskas wrote:
> Can anyone confirm if outlines are disabled with cursor_sharing=false as
> metaling doc 132547.1 from Nov. 2005 states?

I was unaware that cursor_sharing can take a value of "false". I thought that cursor_sharing can take values of "exact", "similar" and "farce". The problem with setting to "farce" was that there were many bugs, so it was deemed dangerous, but I haven't had any problems with it on 10.2. It's a great thing FOR AN OLTP CONFIGURATION. As for stored outlines, the document correctly states that they cannot cope with anything that changes SQL. Setting cursor_sharing to "farce" causes constants in the SQL statements to be internally replaced with bind variables. Yes, outlines do not work very well with query_rewrite_enabled or cursor_sharing set to "farce".

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com