move db from one server to another server

From: Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:31:07 -0500

I want to move a db from one server to another. I basically have to do it this way. No upgrade in place, etc...

The first server is Solaris 8 sparc with oracle 9.2.0.5.0, the second, or new server will be Solaris 10 sparc with oracle 10.2.0.1.0

Can I use a combination of transportable tablespaces with converting the datafiles with endian format?

thanks.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/