Re: cursor sharing

From: Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:31:11 +0200

Well,
you better get the plan from v$sql_plan, as the explain plan does not do bind-peeking (when you use the cursor_sharing=force setting). so the plan given by explain can be different from what you have when you actually execute the statement (depeding on bind values, whether this is the first time you execute the statement or not , and the presence of histograms)

rgds