Can't get rid of event "1403 trace name errorstack"

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:55:55 +0200

Hello list,

at a client, we've set event 1403 trace name errorstack to track down a batch process that exits with this error, and have therefore set the event using

alter system set events '1403 trace name errorstack level 1';

which worked fine.

but now, we can't get rid of the event anymore, even after turning it off using

alter system set events '1403 trace name errorstack off';

there are still *occasional* entries in the alert log of an ora-1403 happening (not as frequently as when it was active in the whole instance - which was a lot as Oracle internally raises this event with virtually every select statement -- see note 271490.1 ).

database will be bounced tonight either way - but I'd like to know why this happened, and how to get rid of it in case it would happen to me again

Regards Stefan