RE: PUBLIC grants

From: Verma, Amit <AVerma_at_chx.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:32:34 -0500

Creating roles and granting privs via role wouldn't work 'cz we have stored procedures that need privileges granted directly. Creating views wouldn't work 'cz even if I don't revoke the privileges they would still be able to view the data.

I am sorry, my point wasn't clear enough. I wanted to be able to restrict the users WITHOUT revoking privs from public. I guess there is no way out.

Thanks all.

-Amit.

From: Dennis Williams [mailto:oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:34 PM
To: ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com
Cc: Verma, Amit; Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Re: PUBLIC grants

Amit,

Oh, just what is it you DON'T want the auditors to see???? Usually auditing operates on the principle that nothing is hidden from the auditors. I was just reading about the auditors that audit the CIA.

Are these tables where it is technically possible to revoke PUBLIC?

Okay, you could:

  1. Create a new role.
  2. Grant the tables in question to that role.
  3. Grant that role to everybody except the auditors.
  4. Revoke PUBLIC from those tables.

Dennis Williams

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 02 2006 - 15:32:34 CDT