RE: PUBLIC grants

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:22:05 -0700

Amit

VPD/FGAC would be the way to go. That way nothing else needs to be touched (grants/roles/privs etc). Have you tried that? Attaching a predicate would be the way to go. Raj is correct in saying that.

HTH
GovindanK

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:32:34 -0500, "Verma, Amit" <AVerma_at_chx.com> said:

Creating roles and granting privs via role wouldn’t work ‘cz we have stored procedures that need privileges granted directly. Creating views wouldn’t work ‘cz even if I don’t revoke the privileges they would still be able to view the data.

I am sorry, my point wasn’t clear enough. I wanted to be able to restrict the users WITHOUT revoking privs from public. I guess there is no way out.

Thanks all.

-Amit.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jun 03 2006 - 00:22:05 CDT