Re: urgent recovery question

From: Andre van Winssen <awinssen_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:00:59 +0200 (CEST)

A possible scenario for loading tabledata with nologging is to use a helper database (noarchivelog), do the load and then use the transportable tablespace trick to attach the tablespace to your operational database. If the helper database is on the same host you could leave the datafiles where they are (ie no copy) and just change ownership on database level though TTS.
This way your database of most concern can still use the FORCE LOGGING mode to override NOLOGGING set on segment or tabespace level.

Regards,
Andre