Re: A New Mailing List for Oracle Apps DBAs (If you are not Apps DBA please ignore this message)

From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 01:33:04 -0700

Michael,

You quite right, I wasn't aware about lists you mentioned (OAUGNetDBA_at_oaug.com, dbsig_at_aqslists.com). I will join them straightaway. Only reason for creating a new one was difficulty to find existing lists.

I tried to GOOGLE for existing Apps lists, without significant success. I have posted a message below on Apps OTN forums a week ago then.
>> Are there any good Oracle Applications forums or lists around?
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=384037&tstart=0

Since that date 125+50 people looked on that message and nobody pointed me to the right direction.
During that time I found 10 more Oracle Apps DBAs who would like to participate but weren't aware about already existing list.

I will point all DBA who would like to participate to the OAUGNetDBA OAUGNetDBA_at_oaug.com list.

Can I ask to point me there Description of the mailing list located on the OAUG site.
Are there instructions how to subscribe available?

Thank you in advance,
Yury

PS I believe OAUGNetDBA moderators (responsible persons/owners) have to think how to better advertise it.

On 5/9/06, dba_at_japhi.com <dba_at_japhi.com> wrote:
> You may not be aware of them, but there are already two mailing lists for
> this area, the main list is OAUGNetDBA_at_oaug.com and the OAUG Database SIG
> has a mailing list (dbsig_at_aqslists.com) for applications DBAs. If you are
> an applications DBA, I would encourage you to join these lists (membership
> in the OAUG is not required to participate in either list).
>
> --
> Michael Brown
>

> > -- If you are not Apps DBA please don't read --
> >
> > Hello Oracle Apps DBA community,

> > Feel free to subscribe by sending email to
> > ora-apps-dba-request_at_freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field
> > Feel free to unsubscribe :) by sending email to
> > ora-apps-dba-request_at_freelists.org with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field
> >
> > This list is dedicated purely Oracle Apps DBA job related questions.
> > Let share our experience, options and problems. Together we will make
> > our job more efficient.
> >
> > If your job is Oracle Apps DBA please WELCOME to join the list.
> > I am sure you will not regret.
> >
> > More information about new list available on:
> > http://www.freelists.org/archives/ora-apps-dba/05-2006/msg00000.html
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Yury
> > 5 years Oracle Apps DBA.