Re: ORA-4031

From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 02:53:15 +0200

Have you all noticed how certain errors come and go throughout the ages and versions? The memory leak, which can be fixed with an event, the 4031, which has been permanently fixed in every single release of Oracle since 7.0, and others.

The root causes stay the same, though. Go back to the docs from when the problems were thoroughly detected, diagnosed and repaired and you will find ever-green advise for 4031-handling...

I'm not saying there couldn't be some new and exciting reason for 4031, but mostly it's the same old, same old.

Mogens