RE: SOS : Recover from unused columns

From: Ric Van Dyke <ric.van.dyke_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:24:07 -0500

In a 10 database you could flashback the table or the database to before you did the change. For the database level flashback, you have to configure the flashback logs BEFORE you did the change.

Other then that I can't think of any thing easy, you can add the column name back to the table, then maybe through dumping the blocks of the table you can get the data. Which I can't imagine would be any easier then doing a TSPITR. You could copy the table into a "new database" and just have that table in it while you do the TSPITR. Still not easy.

The column data is still there, but as far as oracle is concerned it's unavailable.

Ric Van Dyke

Hotsos Enterprises

Cell 248-705-0624

Hotsos Symposium March 4-8, 2007. Be there.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Prabhu, K Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:17 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: SOS : Recover from unused columns

List,

We have accidently set a column in a BIG table (77+ million rows) as "unused" in our staging server , since its not possible to do TSPITR, can we recover the unused column ?.

Any advice is highly helpful.

Thanks.

Prabhu

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger <http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/>