RE: Yosemite

From: Baumgartel, Paul <paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 23:15:55 +0100

Your original post did not mention these conditions; you said

>>in order for Oracle to free the flash recovery area you must send your RMAN backups to tape using RMAN command, i.e >>backup recovery area otherwise your flash recovery area will simply fill up

That is not true, and very misleading to someone who's unfamiliar with RMAN and Flash Recovery Area. The time to specify the qualifications for such a statement is at the time you make it.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
DBA & Admin - NY, KIGA 1