Re: Yosemite

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:52:55 -0700

RMAN is just plain easy to use.

The only problem I've ever had with it is communication with 3rd party backup libraries (Veritas) and that was just a matter of syntax.

All third party tools do is use/generate an RMAN script, and run it on the server.

As Ruth G said, it is also mature and just works.

Why add more complexity to it?

Jared

On 4/26/06, Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, that's a good point. I don't think it's
> anything to do with RMAN - he doesn't even know what
> RMAN is. It's more "this costs extra money so it must
> be better that what you get bundled with the
> database". Rather than just saying "no it isn't" I
> wanted to respond with "no it isn't because....[insert
> some knowledge of product]" (or even agree "yes it is"
> if I could be persuaded, I'm not averse to tools that
> make my life easier, but that isn't happening at the
> moment!)
>
> Charlotte

> > Hello,
>
> > What is your boss problem with Rman ?