Re: Archiving: Recovery, ARCH LOG, Dataguard Question.

From: Chris Marquez <marquezemail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:57:39 -0400

>>On 5/5/06, Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com> wrote:
>> Are you looking for ARCHIVE_LAG_TARGET ?

|| Parameter "ARCHIVE_LAG_TARGET".
|| forcing a log switch after a user-specified time period elapses.

That looks like it will do it.
Its called "ARCHIVE_LAG_TARGET".
"LAG" is probably a poor choice of words since the goal is to increase switching?
Any how, the word "TARGET" implies DG / Standby...but I assume I can use this parameter in NON-DG db's?

Has it really been around since 2001?

Thanks!

Chris

--