Permissions on User Trace Files

From: Jim Silverman <jsilverman_at_Solucient.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:29:49 -0400

Hey, all.

Does anybody know an easy way to provide read privilege for all users on trace files generated by SQL trace? Environment is Oracle 10g on Sun Solaris. I know that we can write a cron job to periodically wake up and explicitly chmod the files in USER_DUMP_DEST. However, I was hoping that we could avoid this sort of nonsense and just ask Oracle to set the appropriate mode (644) on these files when they are created.

TIA.

Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC
Telephone: 734-669-7641
FAX:            734-930-7611
E-Mail:         jsilverman_at_solucient.com