Ora-01772 on Sqlloader

From: srinivasan Venkat <srini.venkat.raman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:40:11 +0530

Hi All,

I need to load Numeric data that contains 'Comma' as a decimal seperator. I am getting ora-01772 error. I have verified the Metalink Note 282223.1 as well. It didnt help me out. The scenario as follows

DB Characterset - WE8ISO8859P1
NLS_NUMBERIC_CHARACTERS=.,
DB version= 9.2.0.6

I am using the following control file.

I have a table called test

 create table test(INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO number);

test.ctl

 LOAD DATA
INFILE "test.txt"
APPEND
INTO TABLE test
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ";"
TRAILING NULLCOLS
( INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO) My test.txt contains

345.456,78

My test.log contains.

   Column Name                  Position   Len  Term Encl Datatype
INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO               FIRST     *   ;       CHARACTER

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table TEST, column INVOICE_AMOUNT_BRUTTO. ORA-01722: invalid number

Table TEST:
  0 Rows successfully loaded.
  1 Row not loaded due to data errors.
  0 Rows not loaded because all WHEN clauses were failed.   0 Rows not loaded because all fields were null. Can you show some light on this to load the numberic data.

Thanks
Srini