Re: RESETLOGS w/o incomplete recovery

From: Bob <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:18:18 -0400

Nice!

 > begin
  2 for i in 1 ..10
  3 loop
  4 execute immediate 'alter system switch logfile';   5 end loop;
  6 end;
  7 /

 > archive log list;

Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST
Oldest online log sequence     9
Next log sequence to archive   11
Current log sequence           11

 > shutdown immediate;
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.

 > startup mount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 289406976 bytes

Fixed Size                  1248576 bytes
Variable Size             104858304 bytes
Database Buffers          176160768 bytes
Redo Buffers                7139328 bytes
Database mounted.

 > recover database until cancel;
Media recovery complete.
 > alter database open resetlogs;

Database altered.

 > archive log list;

Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST
Oldest online log sequence     0
Next log sequence to archive   1
Current log sequence           1

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify