RE: RESETLOGS w/o incomplete recovery

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark.bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:51:12 -0400

It's been a while, and this is from memory, but I don't believe you need to re-create the control file. If I recall correctly, it's as simple as:
shutdown immediate
(if you need to do an abort above, make sure you startup and shutdown immediate, immediately following. Since you're resetting the on-line redo, you need a clean shutdown.)
startup mount
recover database until cancel;
cancel
alter database open resetlogs;

I think that will do it...test on a throwaway database first.

-Mark