Re: Oracle Licensing Productivity Packs

From: Mogens Nørrgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:06:42 +0200

Yep, it's bad. It's per CPU, and it has always been that way. Also, you can only use them on Enterprise Edition, etc., etc. Two of the packs can only be bought together, not individually - the two others can be bought or not.

The worst thing about this silly licensing scheme is that not enough customers get to really use the new packs, so they don't get tested, beaten up, improved, and so on.

Mogens