RE: 10gR2 RAC on single SLES9 node

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:28:38 -0400

In the interest of fairness, however, we once tried to deploy our reasonably large Oracle RAC development environment on Linux NFS servers as a cost-saving measure when we were a Wee Company (tm). We discovered some wonkiness in the Linux NFS server code would cause interesting bugs in stability and functionality. Migrating to FreeBSD NFS fixed that nicely (we even once did a PoC of our software on a bunch of Linux boxes off of an Apple Xserve box running OS X).

These days, we use Netapp, though.

Thanks,
Matt

--