async i/o on 10g rhel 4

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:24:16 -0600

Has anyone successfully relinked Oracle 10.2.0 on RHEL 4 with async i/o on? According to notes I've found, you need to do the following:

cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib

make PL_ORALIBS=-laio -f ins_rdbms.mk async_on

Unfortunately when I try this I get:

% make PL_ORALIBS=-laio -f ins_rdbms.mk async_on

rm -f /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm/rdbms/lib/skgaioi.o

cp /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm/rdbms/lib/skgaio.o /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm/rdbms/lib/skgaioi.o

cp: cannot stat `/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm/rdbms/lib/skgaio.o': No such file or directory

make: *** [do_async_on] Error 1

Okay, skgaio.o doesn't exist. Does it for others on the same platform/release? Any clues on how to get Oracle binaries compiled with async?

Thanks.

BTW, relinking with "async_off" works just fine.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA

Acxiom Corporation

3333 Finley

Downers Grove, IL 60515

wk: 630.944.4762

<mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com <mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com> >

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank you.