create pfile from spfile in RAC

From: LiShan Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 00:59:16 +0100

Hi

I have modified some SGA related parameters in a RAC installation, two nodes and modified in both through spfile located in a raw device (ASM). The problem is after restarting the database both instance failed to start because it caused ORA-04030.

I have tried to create pfile using pfile by performing following procedure:

connect / as sysdba
connected to an idle instance

create pfile from spfile;

Error: Not logon

This same operation works in single instance database so I guess this is expected behaviour in RAC?

TIA