10gAS Oracle Forms and Reports v9.0.4 on AIX

From: Don Morse <dmorse2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 04:32:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello List:

Platform is AIX 5.3 ML3 64 bit on IBM p550. Install type is Forms and Reports Services 9.0.4.0.1, with 9.0.4.2 patch release applied.
Opmnctl stopall does not shut down the reports server java processes. This is an out-of-the-box install. Every time I bounce the instance, more processes remain after shutdown. I never had this problem with middle-tier J2EE and Webcache install type. I looked at opmn.xml, can't find anything that stands out. I shouldn't have to modify this stuff, there's nothing documented on this for post-install tasks. We have our support through the application vendor, they are totally useless for something like this.

Has anyone seen this type of problem with OracleForms 9i under 10gAS? Seems to be platform-related. I did an upgrade of our university ERP system on Solaris with the same product and had none of these problems.

Thanks!

Don

Do You Yahoo!?