Re: 10gAS Oracle Forms and Reports v9.0.4 on AIX

From: Don Morse <dmorse2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 07:07:17 -0800 (PST)

Dimitre, Nothing in the logs to indicate problems shutting down. As far as in-process server implementation goes, I have not yet reached that stage. The problem I described has already resulted in AIX server crash. Believe it or not, the count of java server processes exceeded 400! So I am really at the stage of determining what is wrong with the basic install. Here is a sample of server process list:

oracle 450752 1 0 09:49:02 - 0:00
/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4/jdk/jre/bin/java -cp
/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4/j2ee/home/lib/ojsp.jar:/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4/reports/jlib/rwrun.jar:/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4/jlib/zrclient.jar
-Xbootclasspath/p:/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4/vbroker4/lib/vbjboot.jar
-Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -Xmx256M oracle.reports.engine.RWEngine name=rwURLEng-0 server=rep_devaixinb
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4 engineimplclass=oracle.reports.urlengine.URLEngineImpl cacheDir=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.4/reports/cache

Thanks,

Don

> Hello List:
>
> Platform is AIX 5.3 ML3 64 bit on IBM p550. Install
> type is Forms and Reports Services 9.0.4.0.1, with
> 9.0.4.2 patch release applied.
> Opmnctl stopall does not shut down the reports
> server
> java processes. This is an out-of-the-box install.
> Every time I bounce the instance, more processes
> remain after shutdown. I never had this problem
> with
> middle-tier J2EE and Webcache install type. I looked
> at opmn.xml, can't find anything that stands out. I
> shouldn't have to modify this stuff, there's nothing
> documented on this for post-install tasks. We have
> our
> support through the application vendor, they are
> totally useless for something like this.
>
> Has anyone seen this type of problem with
> OracleForms
> 9i under 10gAS? Seems to be platform-related. I did
> an
> upgrade of our university ERP system on Solaris with
> the same product and had none of these problems.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Don

> protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com