RE: Database structure

From: Reidy, Ron <Ron.Reidy_at_arraybiopharma.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:16:57 -0700

man strings
man egrep
man vi

--

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Eddy Frances Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 10:38 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Database structure

Is there a script available to extract non-Oracle tablespaces, users, and roles information into another script?

My reason for this script is to be able to restore a database backup done via Oracle EXP/IMP utility but with more control over the location of the tablespaces, users, and roles.

My idea is that if a department wants a restore of there database (small in size). I could whip out the script and get last nights export and restore the database anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Eddy

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone (877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 12:16:57 CST