Re: Oracle's version of Microsoft's DTS

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:23:50 +0000

The short answer is No.

The slightly longer answer is that it has equivalent functionality for free, but it isn't wrapped in a product. So for example:

Do you wish to load text files => external tables. Do you wish to email on events => UTL_SMTP. Do you wish to access foreign datasources => generic connectivity

and so on.

And of course if you have both products there is nothing to stop you using DTS to do your Oracle stuff.

On 2/10/06, Eddy Frances <efrances2000_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does Oracle have any product like Microsoft Data
> Transformation Services(DTS) that is free? The
> closest thing I've seen is Oracle Warehouse builder
> but it cost money.
>
> Eddy

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA