RE: Redo Log Placement - RAID 10 ok?

From: Deepak Sharma <sharmakdeep_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2006-01-12 23:58:08

Sorry for the confusion. Let me rephrase the question.

The question relates to placing the 'online redo logs'. Based on the current activity, the 'archived redo logs' amount to ~960G a day. That number is used only to demonstrate that it is a busy system.

One option given to us by the Unix admin is to use Raid 10 as we have been using for rest of the datafiles. Other is to attach 3 EMC Hyper Devices, that have their own set of cache pages. I'm not sure what he means by the second option though and how reliable that would be.

Thanks,
Deepak

> of undo/redo.
>
> The amount of undo shouldn't influence where you put
> the
> redo though. Can you actually tell us of this 960GB
> how
> much is redo? The undo part just muddies the water
> (given
> your original question).

> whether your

Do You Yahoo!?