Re: Solaris 10 Project(4)

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2006-01-11 13:43:49

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the information - I guess what I'm getting at is that the example in the installation guides uses "user.root", not "user.oracle" nor "group.dba". While standards may vary, nobody should be running Oracle as user root, which is why I'm a little confused why this should be the example used in the installation guide (and makes me think that I'm missing some vital nugget of knowledge!).

Thanks
Charlotte

> The important thing is the project setting. The
> name, assignment (via user, group, defaults), etc.,
> are auxiliary issues and will vary from
> implementation to implementation because of
> differing organizational standards.
>
> Adam

Do You Yahoo!?