Re: AQ Vs Streams

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-10 07:37:10

In case of OCI callback, you can subscribe to an event in your OCI application and Oracle will call your callback function in case of event. This can be successfully used to replace polling for an event, because you will receive notification almost immediately.

On 1/5/06, Laimutis Nedzinskas wrote:

> PL/SQL callback is simple: it is submited to the job queue.
> What about OCI? As far as I understand OCI callback procedure runs in
> it's own thread, doesn't it?

Best regards,
  Edgar Chupit
  callto://edgar.chupit