Re: Parallel server very slow

From: Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2006-01-09 11:27:00

Hi all,

   sorry for being not precise. The value reported was the value of resource_name1. I found the resource name using the v$session_wait and decoding the values in P1 and P2 columns. Oracle was trying to acquire a table lock on a table in order to check a foreign key constraint. The foreing key colums were partially indexed so (only the first four columns were) in my opinion this could be enough in order to avoid a table lock. I decided to ask for a bounce of the two instances, and after the customer did it the problem disappeared. I don't know why, I'm trying to investigate the problem further. The main positive side of this experience is that now I unserstand OPS a little more. Thanks to all,

   Giovanni

On 1/5/06, Tanel Põder wrote:
> So which value matched which column in your quey output? The query should
> have reported more values...
>
> Tanel.

Another free oracle resource profiler
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oraresprof/