Re: Client Character Set

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: 2006-01-05 18:28:49

Next time please write the problem in the mail.

How did you moved the database from windows to Unix? If you did export under windows with WE8ISO8859P1 charset and then imported it to a new database defined with AL32UTF8 charset I think you are out of luck.
My guess is that you are getting inverted question marks which represent char(191), unknown character.
When you import from one charset to another all characters in the source export that does not belong to the source database will be converted to char(191).
Since your data was the result of encryption the characters are not part of WE8ISO8859P1 charset.
You can test it by selecting dump(field) from the tables and checking the binary codes in the database.

I am sure someone will tell all of us if I am wrong.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel